From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200457

@bsunny wrote:

I have specified 1000 for samples per channel in DAQmx read. It is not samples per second. So shoudn't it be correct as I have set the no. of samples as 1000 everywhere else. Even then I removed that value but getting the same error.

Except that you set the sample rate by way of the Rate control on your front panel.  And the value in that control is 1000.  So your DAQmx Read and Write are 1000 samples per second, but the generated waveforms are 500,000 samples per second.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(685 Views)

In my front panel , I am setting the rate value as 500000 Hz( For sample clock)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(681 Views)

Put some probes or indicators on the waveform wires going into the add functions and see what that data says.

Are you sure your DAQ card can output a signal at 500 kHZ?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(669 Views)

How can I put the indicators??

When I enclose the entire vi in for loop then it works properly even in this case the error comes only after first iteration.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(659 Views)

Right click on the wire and select Create Indicator.

@bsunny wrote:

When I enclose the entire vi in for loop then it works properly even in this case the error comes only after first iteration.

This makes no sense.  Isn't it in a loop now?  It either works or it doesn't work.  Which is it?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(655 Views)

I am talking about the enclosed vi. It is the same vi with just one change ( for loop is around everything).

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(653 Views)

This VI isn't that much different from your first VI.  You basically moved the opening and closing of the DAQ tasks inside the For Loop, which is generally not a good idea.  Disregarding that, I don't see any reason this latest VI would behave any differently from the first VI with respect to the error you are talking about.

Are you changing the value in the Rate control from 1000 to 500,000 after the VI starts?  Why don't you have 500,000 saved as the default for that control?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(651 Views)

I am keeping the rate constant at 500000 in front panel.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(648 Views)

Then indicators on the wires going into the Addition function should tell you why you are getting error 200457.

Instead of making posts that are avoiding this, please do it.  Run your VI, then save the front panel values as default.  Then post your VI.  That way we can see what values are in those waveform wires going into the Addition functions.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(640 Views)

sorry the error is 200547 at DAQmx write not 457. Run the enclosed vi. It runs for 500 iterations but returns a empty file. 

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(635 Views)