LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200279 occurred at Untitled 9

I need advice on how to fix this problem. I saw one post that said that my code might be running to slow. Can someone help me figure out what to do?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,387 Views)

You're setting up continuous samples, but you're prompting the user for input in the same loop, so if the user takes too long to respond, you will be losing samples and seeing this error.

You also didn't wire your DAQmx task through the case strcture, so if the user cancels the input, your DAQmx task reference will be lost.

Why are your prompting the user every single loop? (Every 10 seconds?)

Why not just have a boolean that they can press on the front panel that they can toggle any time and it will output next time the acquisition finishes.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 2 of 8
(3,384 Views)

Well im trying to pulse a square wave to receive for input. I want the analog input to be on before the analog output starts pulsing a signal. I want to be able to control when i send that square wave through. I want a boolean but didnt know how to set it up to do that. sorry i always forget to add all the files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,377 Views)

I can't run the program because you only included one VI. Based on your code, it will pull 100 samples and then prompt the user. Then pull another 100 data points and prompt the user again. and so on.

So if the user clicks really fast on the OK button, they can possibly keep up before the data gets lost from the 1000 sample buffer.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,368 Views)

@reggie2016 wrote:

Well im trying to pulse a square wave to receive for input. I want the analog input to be on before the analog output starts pulsing a signal. I want to be able to control when i send that square wave through. I want a boolean but didnt know how to set it up to do that. sorry i always forget to add all the files.

Just replace the Prompt User with a Numeric Control and a Boolean Control on the front panel and it will run smoothly.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,361 Views)

Would it be better to use continous analog output for what im trying to do? or stick with finite.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,350 Views)

That's up to you, it depends on the functionality you want for that output. If it's satisfactory to set it finite, then just keep it.

Cheers

Message 7 of 8
(3,342 Views)

ok thank you for all your help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,339 Views)