LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200279 in a Multiple Tasks AI-CO vi

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I am studying on a vi that is capable of running AI and CO tasks simultaneously. It uses one AI channel reading, two counter pulse freq output and one CO pulse time. Except CO pulse time, I want to run other tasks conntinuously. I want to run CO pulse time frequency with a software trigger. I want to generate a finite counter signal after software trigger. I was trying a couple of VIs, however, I encountered error 20079, which is relevant to overflow error. I have read some staff about this error, however, I could not solve it and I really do not know why it occurs. You can see my trial VIs at the attachment. I have also doubts about using counter outputs in the same while loop. Should I use separate while loops for each CO or one common one? And also I am not sure about software triggering of CO pulse time. How can I do that efficiently? Should I use producer/consumer structure? You can also a couple of VIs that I derived my trial ones from them. Thanks in advance.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,313 Views)

By the way, I realized that, I get error 200279 in "Highlight Execution" mode on. I use this to just check the vi. I think, in this mode, the while loop rate is too slow and overflow occurs. Am I right on this? While searching something about counters, I read something like that it is not possible to generate finite pulse while generating continuous pulses in counter, since, finite generation uses an additional counter too. I will want to use this VI with NI USB-X 6343 or 6353. Can I use these devices to generate a finite CO while generating continuous counter pulses?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,276 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author newbieeng

You're right, the error only occurs when you're in "high-light mode", your AI task and loop are ok and will not lead to the overflow error when running at normal speed.

Just as a side note, the documentation states that the default buffer size is set this way : http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E1E67695E76BA75B86256DB1004E9B07

The USB 6353 and 6343 both have 4 counters, so you can guess what you're going to be able to do or not with thid knowing that some task require 2 counters.

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,270 Views)

Thank you TiTou. What do you think about the  finite CO with software trigger? Is it correct? I am open to suggestions on that side since I am not sure about it, especially immediately stopping CO pulse after begin vi. I put the configure buffer size just to check whether it pops out the same error after increasing the buffer.

edit: By the way, which trial is better you think? 1st or 2nd?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,261 Views)

Hello newbieeng

I was seeing the Trials VIs and if you want to take advantage for the parallelism you should use 1st.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,228 Views)

Hello David22JRA, thanks for your response. Is the first one more responsive and fast in terms of run times, delay, etc.? I have not checked yet, I will try with a vi analyzer.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,218 Views)

Hello newbieeng

Yes you can use that tool to double check.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,186 Views)

Hello David22JRA,

I will check it. Thanks.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,179 Views)