cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200278 occurred at DAQmx Read

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Following an example developed by a super helpful NI support engineer. I made a very simple acquisition routine with a certain level of synchronization between the tasks (Attached) to be used in a PXI system between strain gauges modules (4330), voltage module (6341) and an independent SCXI1000 chasis. The routine seems to work fine until a certain moment when a very strange problem pops up (-200278). It's always the voltage task which generates the error.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,779 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cobayatron

The voltage task is set to acquire finite samples.  You want "Continuous samples" I think.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,768 Views)

That error indicates that you have a task configured for Finite Sampling and after several loop iterations, you're eventually asking to DAQmx Read more samples than you configured the task to acquire.

Judging by the way the Read loop is structured, you probably should wire in the value "Continuous Samples" to the 'sample mode' input of all your DAQmx Timing calls. ( When left unwired, the default value is "Finite Samples".)

While you're at it, you should make sure that the strain task starts last so the other tasks are already started and waiting for its triggering signal.  Also, your 'error out' should probably move to the end of the task chain, though I understand you may have only placed it earlier for temporary troubleshooting.

-Kevin P

P.S. There I go again.  Opened the thread in a new tab, came back to it later without refreshing, then posted a response only to find that someone else already answered it in the meantime.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 3 of 4
(3,760 Views)

Ups! I could have been looking for years and I wouldn't have seen that! Thanks a million!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,725 Views)