LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200220

G'day

I have a NU iSB 6259 connected to a power amplifier and shaker through AO0. I have downloaded the swept sine VI from the NI website to go with the sound and vibration toolkit.

However when I run this VI even though I have slected my A0 excitation channel : Dev1/ao0 the program shoots out the error message: 

Error -200220 occurred at SVT Initialize Swept Sine (DAQmx).vi

Possible reason(s):

Device identifier is invalid.

I havent connected any input devices as I am waiting for them to come in the mail however I really was hoping to get the swept sine VI working and the FRF to atleast ouput zero as Its not measuring anything as yet. I have not connected tthe AI stimulus or response channels to anything on the device either.

Just hoping to get the shaker moving at the moment at the frequencies designated

Your help is most appreciated

Regards Tanju Yildirim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,542 Views)

Code?  It is really hard to diagnose your problem without it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,517 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

please find attached the screen shot errors I am having, Is this what you are asking for I am new to Labview not sure how to generate the code or if you just meant the graphical programming.

Regards TanjuLabview error.JPG

block_diagram.bmp

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,496 Views)

The block diagram is your code.  It's generally better to post your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,479 Views)

This is also my measurement and automation explorer

MAX.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,471 Views)

Your AI Stimulus and AI Response channels are both blank/empty on the user interface - the code is probably trying to connect to the hardware and it isn't a valid DAQ resource hence you are getting the error.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,443 Views)

I have the same program running on labview 8 and run it with empty channels and it runs fine. However another person is using that system and I need to setup my own one and I keep encountering this error anybody have a solution?

your help is most appreciated 

regards Tanju

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,412 Views)

Tanju,

If I understand you Don't have the hardware yet?...

If not, you can create a "Simulated" Device in MAX. Then your LabVIEW code will 'connect' and acquire data from the simulated device - allowing you to test your code.

It works quite well. Goto MAX and create the simulated device, when you're done, Refresh your DAQmx device list in LabVIEW and you should 'see' the simulated hardware.

Your code should then work... (provide youn coded it right!;).

It will also work when you do get the hardware - be aware you need to then select the actual device and not the simulated one!.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,394 Views)