LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200022 for cDAQ Chassis with Four Modules

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use DAQMX commands to create separate tasks for each module in a cDAQ chassis. However, when I try to use four analog modules, I start getting error -200022, indicating that the hardware I am trying to use is already reserved. If I turn off the code that runs one of the modules, I no longer get the error. If I don't wire the modules together, the module that is throwing the error will change, and different runs will cause different modules to throw the error. I have attached a simplified version of my code and my MAX settings to illustrate the error I am receiving, isolating the error from anything else; a snapshot of the code is below. I am using LabVIEW 2012 SP1 with MAX 14.5.0f0.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue? Other posts on this topic seemed to indicate that using a separate task for each module was an acceptable approach, and this approach works with other combinations of modules besides this one.

Additional notes: I had to add the DAQmx Timing properties node to avoid an error -201087 on the 9234 module, and I just started using it on all of the modules. I also had to put the timing mode on the 9213 module to get it into high speed mode to sample at the desired rate. Normally I would use timed loops with synchronization to collect the data at low and high speeds, but I was lazy when I made this example.

Thanks!

pic.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,261 Views)

So, I found the article linked below in the NI-DAQ mx Help, which says that the cDAQ-91xx chassis series is only capable of up to three simultaneous AI tasks (two if you're using counters in parallel with the AI tasks). So, I guess I need to combine my tasks to reduce the total number. This seems to be a limitation of the timing and triggering functions available on the chassis.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370466AC-01/mxdevconsid/simultaneoustasksmio/

So, error -200022 doesn't just refer to a module, but can also refer to limitations of the chassis being used.

Are there similar limitations for DIO, not including counters? Are analog outputs goverened by the same rules as analog inputs?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,234 Views)

Imporatant missing information is your cDAQ Chassis model. Older chassis like the 9172 are more limited than the newer ones. As Ekabo said, you are limited to 3 analog input tasks with the newer 91xx chassis.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,227 Views)

Yes, I'm using a 9188.

Back to my follow on questions, does this chassis have additional limitations for AO or DIO, other than counters?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,222 Views)

@ekabo wrote:

Yes, I'm using a 9188.

Back to my follow on questions, does this chassis have additional limitations for AO or DIO, other than counters?

To will have to go throught the user manual attentively. There is no table that gives a direct answer. It depend of the type of task, how they are timed, ...

From a quick glance I saw that this chassis can have up to seven simultaneous tasks. Three AI tasks because thre is 3 AI timing engines. For AO task, only one can run if it's software timed.

Ben64

Message 5 of 5
(3,196 Views)