LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1950678965 when using shared variables

I've started to get this error in Labview 2014 when using shared variables:

Error -1950678965 occurred at Shared Variable in Init DB Tables.vi->TMSUInitialize.vi->Server Utility.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: The value read is of a data type that cannot be converted to the data type of this Shared Variable node.

This error or warning occurred while reading the following Shared Variable:
\\My Computer\Inter-Prroc Variables\Server Settings
\\192.168.1.186\Inter-Prroc Variables\Server Settings

The code used to work until yesterday. I looked up the error code online, and it seems it used to be a bug that was supposedly fixed in LabVIEW 2009!!

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/9510/en/

Does anyone know what's going on?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,859 Views)

Hi SoheyIV,

Could you please answer the following questions:

1) Did you change anything from the code before getting the error?

2) Does the error comes from an especific VI?

3) What data type is the variable?

4) Have you tried a small example to recreate the error?

Could you post screenshots of the part where you are getting the error!

Regards,

Carolina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,824 Views)

Has there been any more information regarding this error? There's no more updated information on this other than it was in fact a bug fix that was supposed to be caught in 2009.

I am now "randomly" getting this error on some code. The code I'm running that produces that error is a simple while loop that reads ~20 shared variables just to initialize them for use further in the code. The loop reiterates as long as there is an error on the any of the variables (this is to ensure all the variables are active on the engine). Sometimes it will be multiple variables, sometimes just one. The variables in question are mostly doubles but some are clusters from custom controls (all elements in them are doubles).

Unfortunately there's not a lot of information on this topic out there.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,662 Views)

Hi there,

Can you attached some screen shot of your code or the VI to try to run it to see if I can get the same error as you in my side?

Also have you try to run one of the National Instruments examples? help>> find examples>> search "shared variables" and try to run one of the projects to see if you receive the error.

Also have you try to make a small code to see if you still having the error?

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,627 Views)