From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1507 with LabVIEW Unicode Programming Tools

Solved!
Go to solution

I downloaded LabVIEW Unicode Programming Tools and I used it to localize successfully two or three application.

I've just found an issue (error 1507) while trying to localize a boolean button.

I use "Cast to more specific class" because I get an error if I connect the reference to the button as an input to the localize vi (but I don't understand why).

You can look at the attached example (LabVIEW 2016)

Could someone help me, please?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,288 Views)

It looks (to me) as though using Unicode in LabVIEW is a "Community Project", with support and commentary coming from the original Post, LabVIEW Unicode Programming Tools.  I recommend you ask your question in that Forum topic, as that seems to be where people interested in this topic (and developers) "hang out".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,257 Views)

I mentioned LabVIEW Unicode Programing Tools to give more information on my real usage case, but the problem is not related to this tool.

See this new attachment which doesn't use Unicode.

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,230 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vix

Hi Vix,

the problem is related to the mechanical action of the boolean control in relation to strict control references.  Latched booleans cannot be wired to strict control references. Such wires lead to the same sorts of timing problems that occur when using latched booleans in conjunction with local variables.

Have a look at this document, explaining the restriction.

If you change the boolean mechanical action to switch instead of latch, the error won't be returned.

Bye!

Licia

Message 4 of 7
(3,217 Views)

Hi Licia,

thank you very much.

Now the reason for the error is clear; I'm going to see if I can change the mechanical action to "switch until released".

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,212 Views)

You probably want "Switch WHEN Released" (not "until") if you want the action that is most like the Latch action you had before.  You'd have to put into the program some code to write a False to a local variable if you want it to pop back up like a latch action button would do.

"Until Released" acts like a momentatry button that will pop back up immediately, with no guarantees that the code ever read the status of the button while it was pushed down.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,204 Views)

You're right on what I want to have.

I don't need a switch (I mean, with two stable states ON and OFF), but a button (OFF is the only stable state). But I need to be sure that the "button pressed" event is not missed.

I've been thinking about using "value change" event.

Do you see problems with this approach?

The need of extra code to emulate a so easy (and so common, I think) situation seems a dirty way to handle things (to me).

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,200 Views)