LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvcla

Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass:Close_Reference.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Save.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi -> AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi -> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi -> AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  Cannot save a bad VI without its block diagram.

Message 1 of 9
(11,120 Views)

Me too!

Update: Enable Debug resolved the issue.

Message 2 of 9
(11,101 Views)

I also found that enabling debugging  eliminated the error 1502 during build, but then I looked and found a Boolean constant wired to the selector terminal of a True/False case structure.  Changing that Boolean constant to a control allowed us to turn debugging back off.

Message 4 of 9
(10,199 Views)

I had this occur when trying to trigger an event based on "value change" of a latched Boolean.

Doug Ferguson

www.southerndaqsolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,337 Views)

The latched boolean was not the real issue. The issue ended up being a use of Match Pattern where I only wired String and Regular Expression inputs and only the before match output. Once I wired to handle the offset past match it was able to compile and save.

Doug Ferguson

www.southerndaqsolutions.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,327 Views)

Was running into this error and after combing through various threads found I had a broken VI in one of my libraries that I was not calling anywhere so my application still functioned. 

Once I patched that VI up I was able to compile without having to change any of the build settings. 

The thing that I'm curious about is that with a broken VI in a library the build still does not work even if I have "Removed unused members of project libraries checked". But I haven't read up on that setting at all so there's probably something I don't know yet. 

Also, I am running on LabView 2017.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(806 Views)

When you say "library", is it an plain library (.lvlib), a library container file (.llb), a class (.lvclass), or something else?

If it's a class, LabVIEW always includes everything even with that check box.  

If it's anything else, LabVIEW may try to include it if it thinks it's needed, even if it's not.  Having debugging enabled sometimes does that.

Message 8 of 9
(792 Views)

You know what, it was a class which makes sense why it was working the way it did and I just wasn't paying attention to details.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(759 Views)