cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1502 : help...can't build my exe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm stuck and tried all advices regards error 1502 in order to build an exe from the file "RS_Init_SSH2.vi" in the attached zip.

I'm using LabVIEW 2012 and never experience prtoblems while building exe until I add this vi.

Note that allowing debugging mode in compiler makes the build ok but the resulted exe misses other dependancies, and actually leads to more problems on my side.

I hope this issue is just a small thing and that someone could help me to find the root cause of this issue.

Thanks in advance for your support,

BR,

Bim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,007 Views)

Well, before actually hitting 'BUILD' button, I would rather 'Preview'

'Preview' first

Its clearly specified that some of the VIs are broken. Next step is fixing the broken VIs.

Code Modifications

Preview again:

03 'Preview' again.

BUILD now:

04 Build Sucessful

Also before posting a question, it is always good to perform some search:

Why Am I Receiving Error 1502 When Building an Application with LabVIEW?

Message 2 of 8
(3,996 Views)

Hi,

Thank you for this feedback, but actually I forgot to add the global vi that is requested.

On my side I've no warning when doing the preview.

Regards to my previous tests, I tried solutions found here :http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8683D4C66F5CA50E86257341007CF34D

Maybe I'm still misiing something.

Anyway, thank you very much again for your support,

BR,

Bim

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,980 Views)

Also, during my tests I found that the build is complete if the vi with polymorphic control "connect_password" is disabled.

Don't know if it helps.

BR,

Bim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,976 Views)

Hi,

Do you reproduce my case now?

I've tried to Uncheck the Remove front panel and Remove block diagram boxes of this particular VI but new VIs are now reporting errors in my top level application.

Looking forward to your reply,

BR,

Bim

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,943 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bim4

I'm using LabVIEW 2013 and I have no issues creating an executable. However, still there is a missing file (control: Cl_ssh_connect.ctl).

I've again downgraded everything in LabVIEW 2012 and you may want to check.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,932 Views)

Hi,

I still have the same issue when building from your zip extracted lvproject 😞

BR,

Bim

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,920 Views)

Ho Scofiled,

I succeded in building my exe.

I feel like the problem was due to VIs expected to be part of a lib. So I just refactored my top level VIs and integrate them in the same library than low level one.

Everything runs fine now (after fixing tanother issue, see http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/NET-4-dll-not-loaded-LabVIEW2012/m-p/3248639#M946602)

Many thanks for your support and your patience,

BR,

Cedric

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,899 Views)