From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1502 Excel Add Reference to VBProj.vi

Solved!
Go to solution

This seems like a Microsoft vs LabVIEW compatibility error.  Trying to build an application I receive "Error 1502 occurred at AB_Source_VI.lvclass: Close_Reference.vi->AB_Build.lvclass: Save.vi".  The broken vi is located: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\addons\_office\excel.llb\Excel Add Reference to VBproj.vi.  I hesitate to send out another service request as I do not wish to re-install LabVIEW or "make the program again".  The second image is the same as the first except the tip strip is visible in the second.  I am unable to right click and "relink" in the same manner that worked the last time there was an ActiveX change/issue/thing.  I await some condescending responses and hopefully a good suggestion.  Thanks.

Error 1502 A.pngError 1502 B.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hefengloven

A colleague was able to perform an application build with the source code on his machine.  I replaced the _office folder with a copy of his and I am now able to compile again.

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2016\vi.lib\addons\_office

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,931 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hefengloven

I encountered the problem again.  The application builder broke the vbproj.vi.  I opened my control panel and performed the quick repair on Office 365.  It took about 30 seconds to repair.  When I opened the vi again it was miraculously fixed.  I guess an office file went missing, no idea why, I feel LabVIEW is responsible.  I am now able to build the application again.

Message 3 of 6
(3,878 Views)

Hi,

@hefengloven wrote:

I encountered the problem again.  The application builder broke the vbproj.vi.  I opened my control panel and performed the quick repair on Office 365.  It took about 30 seconds to repair.  When I opened the vi again it was miraculously fixed.  I guess an office file went missing, no idea why, I feel LabVIEW is responsible.  I am now able to build the application again.

"I opened my control panel and performed the quick repair on Office 365."

Could someone precise how to do this, please? I also have the same problem after installing Office 2016 (365).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,655 Views)

Lasting Fix:

1.  Open the NI_ReportGenerationToolkit.lvlib:Excel_Save_Workbook.vi

1.png

2.  LabVIEW then recompiles the VI for whatever version of LabVIEW is being used.  So when we try to exit the VI we get this:

2.png

3.  It is at this stage that we get the broken arrow:

2a.png

4.  At this point we can right click on the invoke node and relink it to the active X library it's calling which results in an extra field:

4.png

5.  After this the VI works without issue.

If we fail to relink the invoke node, the VI will save in a broken state and become unusable until someone relinks the invoke node.

NI has been sent the fix.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,647 Views)

Thanks hefengloven,

I made the correction, but stiil have the same problem you had on 04-24-2017 post, where _Workbook>VBProject output was a Variant instead of an Automation reference of class in NI_Excel.lvclass:Excel Add Reference to VBProj.vi.

Would I be missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,639 Views)