cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1430 Path Array in for Loop

Solved!
Go to solution

Salut!

I have a Problem with error 1430 : path is empty or relative, what seems impossible to me. The thing is I have an Array of path indicators connected to the For Loop. (well check the .jpg 🙂 and there is no problem with writing to a file using the paths from an array only with first and the last index. Others aren't saved becouse of the error.... to be honest all of the given paths are absolute. Saving to the file from path idicator is the job of a subvi (merge data vi) but it is in a for loop becouse I need to make it available for more than one file. There is no error occuring with work of subvi for one path. The question is: what labview does with the saved paths in an array between the loops? I've just run out of ideas so if anybody had some time I would be really grateful for any hints and ideas.

K.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,767 Views)

Hello,

You are deleting the current index from the array each time your for loop iterates.

You Start with:

Array Element     Array Value

0                                  Path1

1                                  Path2

2                                  Path3

The first iteration you are deleting, and using element 0, this will leave you with:

0                                  Path2

1                                  Path3

The next iteration, you are deleting and using element 1, this will leave you with

0                                  Path2

the 3rd and final iteration, you are attempting to delete and use element 2. This does not exist, your vi then returns an error

instead of wiring the [I] Iteration into your delete from array. Wire in a constant 0 and your code will work

Let me know if this works

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,743 Views)

Hi!

You are removing elements to your arrays while increasing the index position... at a certain point i becomes larger than the array size...

Consider using "index array" or autoindexing instead.

Changing an array size while iterating is dangerous.

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,741 Views)

hallo,

Thank you very much for the ideas, but unfortunately while using index the array still happens exactly the same, while wiring the 0 constant to index instead of index it the loop goes x times with same result for 0 element...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,714 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aleph.ka

Hallo again,

if anybody was interested in happy ending: the solution is: 2 for loops. I think there must be sth with the way that labview sends the data between iterations. Anyway - don't know how exactly but works 🙂

the sol is in .jpg.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,691 Views)