LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1326 - Invalid Project Item (2016 f2 Patch?)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Friday, everything was working fine with my LabVIEW intsalltion.  Today, I installed the f2 patch for 2016, and now Everytime I click on a virtual folde rin my project, I get the following error:

2017-03-21 16_15_24-.png

I have tried other projects that I haven't opened since last week, and the same issue.  It seems that if I select a VI, library, etc., I do not see this issue.  But, I cannot guarantee that the virtual folder is the only spot where it happens.  This is a non-autopopulating virtual folder.

Has anyone else seen this with the f2 patch?

Message 1 of 8
(4,220 Views)

Well, that didn't take long - it is also happening on the control for a class.  But doesn't for a VI or normal control in the class.

Message 2 of 8
(4,218 Views)

Aha!  I'm running with the f1 patch, and will (thanks to you!) wait before installing the f2 Patch!  I think this deserves a call to NI Support -- can you oblige (as you have the software to demonstrate it)?

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 8
(4,191 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew_Kelton

Well, I have figured out what is causing it and it is not the new patch.  As I had to use it the rest of the day, I realized the error must be coming from populating the right-click menu.

Looking through this menu, I saw an entry from a toolkit I installed on Friday (G#).  I must have never restarted LabVIEW after adding the package, because I went and uninstalled it, and the problem has now gone away.  So, it does not appear to be the f2 patch.

Message 4 of 8
(4,173 Views)

Thanks for the Update on the Update!  The NI Update Service had not (yet) bugged me about the f2 patch, but after getting your Gold Star of Approval, I manually ran NI Update and am now installing the patch.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,154 Views)

For me it happens with LabVIEW 2015, while right-click on folder in the project tree (interesting, that previously I didn't face this issue). If I click on files within project tree, no error occurs.
I've got LV version 15.0.1f3 (32-bit).
Can it be related to the fact, that I've got installed LV2016 recently? But tt is updated to f2 patch, and I have no idea, why would another version of LV influence on the previous one...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,120 Views)

As I mentioned in my follow up post, it is most likely a toolkit or something else that has an item on the right-click menu that is broken or missing.  Uninstalling the toolkit fixed the problem for me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,102 Views)

Yes, you are right - G# toolkit is causing these problems... But seems, that it's valid for release 1.7.*.* - because I've installed version 1.6.1.4 - and now everything is working fine. I'm curious, whether guys from AddQ Consulting already received feedbacks about this issue (and it's lasting for quite a long time), and whether they are going to solve it ))

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,957 Views)