From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 123: Timeout at libFrame_OpenPageRef.vi when trying to open class properties

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm getting an error 123: Timeout when trying to open the class properties dialog in a project.

Here's the image:

error 123.PNG

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I need to be able to modify the class's inheritance and other properties. When opening the properties in a new (empty) project, the dialog opens just fine (as slow as normal, that is). The project that this class is in is quite large: something like 1200 VIs and 50+ classes.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,347 Views)

Hi dthor,

This was reported to R&D (CAR# 245148) for further investigation. This issue was documented in the LabVIEW 2011 known issues page. As noted there, a possible workaround is to dismiss the dialog and relaunch the Class Properties dialog. There is no danger to your class file. It is solely a bug in trying to launch the dialog. Let us know if this does the trick for you. We appreciate your feedback!

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,320 Views)

Oh good, I'm glad it's a known issue.

However, following the directions listed for that CAR doesn't yeild the expected results. The Class Properties dialog times out every time.

Running LabVIEW 2010 SP1

Windows Vista (bleh) 32-bit, Core 2 Duo, 2Ghz, 2GB RAM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,314 Views)
Solution
Accepted by dthor

dthor,

Another possible workaround, which I believe you touched on earlier, is to add the class file to a new project and modify the class properties through that project. I believe modifying the properties in a new project will change the properties in your 1200 VI project. However, you will not be able to modify the properties in the new project, while the old project is still open.

Sorry for the inconvience, R&D is working to fix this issue.

Tunde S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,297 Views)

For now I'll just use the work around and try to remove some unused/pointless VIs in the project. I think reducing the size of the project or reducing the number of classes will let the Class Properties dialog load faster, and thus not time out.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,292 Views)

Hello,

This is really show-stopper issue for our team.

We stop adopting Actor Framework adoption because of this bug.

Do you have any time frame for this fix?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,190 Views)

Hi SJ_Buddy,

R&D is still working on this issue (CAR# 245148).  I added you to the report filed with R&D. Unfortunately, we do not have a timeframe for when this issue will be fixed. The most recent workaround is published in the known issues for LabVIEW 2013.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/14490/en#245148_by_Category

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,  

Catherine B.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,177 Views)

Hi  I have encounter same issue, i am using  Object Oriented  for our developement in LabView 2013. When the project getting bigger,and the number of classes get  bigger. The error pops up very frequently, and now it does not get over the error. even i click continue and tried again and again Is there any way around it? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,098 Views)

I got hit with this today.

Just for info.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,088 Views)

Me too, isn't it about time it was fixed?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,939 Views)