LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -12 when building installer LV2012

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to build an installer from the project menu I immediatly get en error -12. (see attached)

This has happened on several different projects. I can make an .EXE, Zip file and distribution build but not installer. I read the "Why Does My Distribution Build Fail with Various Errors?"  article suggested but I admit I don't understand the proceedure or if this pertains to my problem at all.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,828 Views)

Hello rtpumps,

I would recommend making sure that you have followed all the steps provided on how to build an installer. Do you get the error code after o before you click the button Build? What LabVIEW version, modules and installers are you trying to use? Are you able to build an installer from other projects?

Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,804 Views)

Hi Alina,

The error occurs in Project Explorer/ Build Specification/ New/ Installer. As soon at you click installer the error comes up. I have one other project that the same thing happens. I have made installers successfully in the past though it's been about a year or so.

I have LV 2012 Full Development System and Application Builder.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,796 Views)

Try with a completely new project.

Does the error still occur?

BR

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,787 Views)

Hmmm.... that sounds like a very goood idea. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,783 Views)

I created a new project with all new vi's. It still throws the error if I try to create an installer.

I'm wondering if uninstalling/reinstalling LV would be a good idea.

@EWiebe wrote:

Try with a completely new project.

Does the error still occur?

BR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,768 Views)

Hello rtpumps,

I was checking another forum on a similar issue when trying to create an installer. I would recommend you to reinstall the Application Builder.

Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,766 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GDthomas

Alina,

Thanks for the tip. I checked out that forum and that is the same problem. Now the question is the same as what he asked. How do I reinstall App Builder? Older versions had it as a seperate CD. 2012 comes on 1 DVD and there's nothing on the install menu that mentions App Builder. I'm guessing I'll just have to reinstall LV as a whole.

Thanks for all the help

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,759 Views)