From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -12 when building installer LV2012

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to build an installer from the project menu I immediatly get en error -12. (see attached)

This has happened on several different projects. I can make an .EXE, Zip file and distribution build but not installer. I read the "Why Does My Distribution Build Fail with Various Errors?"  article suggested but I admit I don't understand the proceedure or if this pertains to my problem at all.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,825 Views)

Hello rtpumps,

I would recommend making sure that you have followed all the steps provided on how to build an installer. Do you get the error code after o before you click the button Build? What LabVIEW version, modules and installers are you trying to use? Are you able to build an installer from other projects?

Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,801 Views)

Hi Alina,

The error occurs in Project Explorer/ Build Specification/ New/ Installer. As soon at you click installer the error comes up. I have one other project that the same thing happens. I have made installers successfully in the past though it's been about a year or so.

I have LV 2012 Full Development System and Application Builder.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,793 Views)

Try with a completely new project.

Does the error still occur?

BR

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,784 Views)

Hmmm.... that sounds like a very goood idea. I'll do it tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,780 Views)

I created a new project with all new vi's. It still throws the error if I try to create an installer.

I'm wondering if uninstalling/reinstalling LV would be a good idea.

@EWiebe wrote:

Try with a completely new project.

Does the error still occur?

BR

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,765 Views)

Hello rtpumps,

I was checking another forum on a similar issue when trying to create an installer. I would recommend you to reinstall the Application Builder.

Regards,

Alina M

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,763 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GDthomas

Alina,

Thanks for the tip. I checked out that forum and that is the same problem. Now the question is the same as what he asked. How do I reinstall App Builder? Older versions had it as a seperate CD. 2012 comes on 1 DVD and there's nothing on the install menu that mentions App Builder. I'm guessing I'll just have to reinstall LV as a whole.

Thanks for all the help

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,756 Views)