LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1172

Hi,

I am currently running my labview code (programmed to provide stimulation to a multichannel stimulation device). Occassionally after running the code multiple times (with the code working 100%, error free), error 1172 will randomly begin occuring, and the device will no longer be able to be detected by the code. I have heard from a few fellow engineers on my campus that this is bcause the device is being run as a developmental and the error will subside after the code has been made into an executable. I wasn't sure if this was a true remedy for the problem and if this will permanently eliminate the problem or if there are other things that could be causing the error.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,765 Views)

It would be extremely rare to fix errors by deploying an application.  What is the device and what is the source of the error?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,761 Views)

Error 1172 is a .NET Exception. Sounds like the device driver isn't as robust as it should be. When the error does occur, does quitting and restarting LabVIEW solve the problem? If so, then yes, building an executable will probably solve the problem, if your executable is set up such that after each run it exits and you have to restart it for the next run (as opposed to the development environment where you can run the same VI over and over again without restarting LabVIEW).

However, if the device driver was written in-house, it would be a good idea to put a debugger on the .NET component and resolve or at least identify and understand the source of the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,754 Views)

The Device is an STG2008 Multichannel Stimulation Device from Multichannel Systems. The error isn't always present. Typically after restarting the computer and deleting and re-adding the initial node for the NET library (stg200xdownloadnet), which provides the initial reference that connects the device to the code, the error will dissapate. It is just strange that the error doesn't immediately present itself until running the code successfully 4-5 times.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,753 Views)

Typically, the member of the project who is primarily in charge of the code said he could overcome the error by restarting the computer and rewiring the initial .NET node. Coincidentally the device driver was written in house; unfortunately, not by anyone on our team.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,715 Views)