LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1149 at Invoke node when Calling VIs

Hello,

My attachment will explain my problem. I am surprised I am not getting an error once when I am calling a VI through invoke node method from Main. But when I try calling VI-2 from VI-1 calls a fault. I have used the same method in both vis. upon clicking continue in the error window opens up the VI-2 from VI-1. Clsoing out VIs in the reverse order does not create any problem.

Thank you for your help.

Kousy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,834 Views)
It's difficult to tell from your snapshots exactly what's calling what here, but I can immediately see that you're not closing any of your references.
Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,817 Views)

File name will tell you which is the caller & which one is callee vi. I purposely not closing the Main because there I am running my hardware daqmx device and getting the status via FG to the called VI-1.vi  . 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,812 Views)

In Call VI-2 from VI-1 you are not closing a reference to VI-2 that is set to Not Auto Dispose. You need to handle this reference if you are not going to Auto Dispose it.

Also, you need to abort the current vi last. With your existing error cluster wiring, you are not ensuring that the subvi is called before the calling vi is aborted.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,808 Views)

Hello Thoric,

I have originally tried that way only. When I got error msg only, I just thought of changing auto dispose property and try out. that too did not work.   LV not only popped up this error and closed the LV application itself few times.

After somedays when I tried with the original code it didnt create any problem and woking well now. Then I conclude that becos of LV error only I got into mess that day!

Anyway thanks.

Kousy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,760 Views)