LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1099 when creating express VI from a VI

I am trying to create a new express VI from an existing VI and am getting the following error:

Error 1099 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in byob_Create Controls & Inds.vi->byob_GUI Create Block.vi->Block Builder Wizard.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Scripting: SubVI is not loaded.

Property Name: VI Name

This error happens after doing the following:

1. Open the Create or Edit Express VI dialog

2. Click New

3. Select the Create from a VI radio button and click Next

4. Select the VI to make the express VI from and click OK

5. Click Next without changing the defaults for the terminals

6. Enter an Express VI name (use the default path) and click Finish

I am wondering what might be causing this error and how to correct the trouble.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,649 Views)

Does this happen with any VI being turned into an Express VI, or just certain ones? Did this ever work on this computer?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,612 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2013 and have tried creating express VIs from several different VIs and encounter the same problem in all cases.  I have also tried this on my home computer and encounter the same problem.  The problem does not appear in LabVIEW 2010 though.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,586 Views)

This bug was introduced in LabVIEW 2013. It is too late for me to get a fix into LabVIEW 2014, but I will file a CAR to get it fixed in a future version.

For now, you can fix the issue in LabVIEW 2013 or 2014 by following these steps:

1. Backup the following file on your system: LabVIEW 20xx\project\ExpressDev.llb

2. Replace it with the version attached to this forum post.

3. (LabVIEW 2014 only) Mass compile ExpressDev.llb.

Thanks for reporting the issue. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Message 4 of 8
(3,578 Views)

The fix works.  Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,553 Views)

Hey everyone,

This issue was reported in CAR 484940 and is now fixed in LabVIEW 2015. You can download the latest evaluation software here

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,340 Views)

Hi, 

I am using LabVIEW 2015 and I am getting the same error code on a different situation.

I have a VI that uses 2 timed loops, and I wanted to check it with VI analyzer and I got the following:

Error 1099. Scripting: SubVI is not loaded.
Test Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\project\_VI Analyzer\_tests\Real-Time Module\Unbounded Code in Timed Structures.llb
VI Path: C:\<here goes the VI path>.vi

What does this error mean?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,168 Views)

It sounds like the Unbounded Code in Timed Structures test does not properly handle missing subVIs on block diagrams. Does your VI under test have any missing subVIs?

If not, the problem may be because you're analyzing an RT VI outside of an RT target in a project. I suggest opening your project and launching the VI Analyzer from there, then selecting your RT Target on the first page of the VI Analyzer and only running the RT tests on the VIs under that target.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,155 Views)