From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807343 occured at Visa open

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry i thought you might have made code changes as ravensfan had suggested.  Correct me if im wrong, but you want to programatically find hardware on your system and then connect to it? Ive done this before and found it to be easily done with system configuration.  You may want to give this a look and see if itll work for you.

Also like ravensfan said you can clear the error if the string from the index array is empty.

System Config

-Matt
Message 11 of 14
(3,424 Views)

Matt,

My apologies.  No I did not make the changes ravensfan suggested.  I should clarify. The string that is passed from the index array is not empty as it sends the VISA resource name (ASRL10::INSTR) to VISA open then trys to obtain the property (Intf Inst Name) which is it's alias.  This works fine when the aliases are com1, com2, com3, etc....but when the alias is lpt1, it crashes.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,421 Views)

I would just clear the error.

Instead of just looking for an empty string like you said it was early, have it look for "lpt1" also and skip over that.  But there is probably a bunch of other illegal names that are possible you haven't hit on yet.

So just do what I said earlier and clear the error.

Message 13 of 14
(3,416 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Onjai

Fixed. Found Ranjeet Singh's post and the vi works with no error.  See below.....

Re: How to find COM port for a specific USB device Ranjeet_Singh

Hi dave,

when you connect your USB and you have insalled the usb to serial driver for that USB then it will automatically read in device manger. Here is the simple VI I wrote long back.

Let me know if you want some help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.
I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Thank you everyone!
Cheers!
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(3,413 Views)