LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error-1073807298, VISA:(Hex 0xBFFF003E) Could not perform operation because of I/O error

Hi I'm trying to use LabVIEW to control a R301 RF generator (both sending request and getting RF status) and failed to do that. This is the message continuously jumping out whenever I try to run LabVIEW. I used the serial connection of RS232 between the computer and RF generator and I'm 90% sure the connection works. I checked and found a lot of people having this problem but unsolved. Is gonna be really helpful if anyone can help. Thank you!

Attached is our LabVIEW program.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,937 Views)

@Tracyfu wrote:

Hi I'm trying to use LabVIEW to control a R301 RF generator (both sending request and getting RF status) and failed to do that. This is the message continuously jumping out whenever I try to run LabVIEW. I used the serial connection of RS232 between the computer and RF generator and I'm 90% sure the connection works. I checked and found a lot of people having this problem but unsolved. Is gonna be really helpful if anyone can help. Thank you!

Attached is our LabVIEW program.

90% sure?

That isn't good enough.

Use NI-MAX and make certain it is 100% before trying anything with LabVIEW.

Message 2 of 12
(6,933 Views)

I successfully detected it in MAX. I think it's buffer problem but DON'T know how to solve it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,927 Views)

@Tracyfu wrote:

I successfully detected it in MAX. I think it's buffer problem but DON'T know how to solve it

No, you need to use NI-MAX NI-VISA's VISA Interactive Control or any program such as Hyperterminal to interact with the device

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,921 Views)

Hi,

I have problem with the same error "VISA:  (Hex 0xBFFF00A6) The connection for the given session has been lost."

I  try to connect to digital multimeter via serial comm and i want to read measurements from labview. I did all driver needs and manage to read data from read buffer first day. but now i always get this error messages and sometimes "connection has been lost". I handled with connection lost but not I/O problem.

Write part is labeled OK. REad part gives the I/O error 

And second question is first day i can only read "one" data from multimeter then ı run the labview again. Multimeter produces data continuously and i want to read data unless i stop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,627 Views)
You haven't provided nearly enough information on your setup but I'm going to guess that Windows is shutting off power to the port as an 'energy conservation' setting. Disable this.

To read continuously, you need a loop. For details, provide make and model of the instrument, the manual, your existing code, etc.
Message 6 of 12
(6,620 Views)

I'm beginner Labview. i began last week to learn about labview. That's why i couldn't mention something true.

i download MAX and NI-Serial and  i add attachments from MAX and troubleshooting may be it helps whats wrong

-How can i disable energy conversation for comm. that you mentioned

1)i setup usb driver for my digital multimeter GW instek 8255a.

2)Create inf file

3)Create instrument driver in labview library

these are which i can remember for setup. Is there any missing step for creating setup?

-Pls can you tell me step by step for configuring serial communication for multimeter. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,602 Views)
Installing NI-Serial is pointless. That is only for use with NI USB-Serial adapters.

Please provide details on what you did to setup the USB and the inf file. Where these instructions from GWInstek? If they provided an instrument driver, it should include an initialize function that sets the com port.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,586 Views)

i apply steps for inf file from NI  USB Instrument Control Tutorial

in that link, http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4478/en/

( i donot want to write steps briefly because of my insufficient english.) 

i supposed gw instek-usb driver initialize the function (but now in their site i couldn't find their driver. They remove driver.) Anyway driver didn't change anything about communication or i did something wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,577 Views)
That was a big mistake. You do not want to use the VISA Wizard for anything. Undo everything. As far as I know, you would use a serial interface or a driver from the vendor.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,574 Views)