LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807246

Hi,

I am new to labview.

I got the following error when I tried to read measurements from "Mark-10 Force guage-Model M4" using labview.

Error -1073807246 occurred at Property Node (arg 1) in force guage.vi:Instance:2->force guage.vi

Possible reason(s):

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF0072) The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.

I have tried many things that have been posted in the forum including reinstall Visa but nothing work.

I am able to read the data from inside Instrument assistant but can not pull the data out of it.

please see the attachment.

I appreciate any help 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,280 Views)
I don't believe any posting would suggest reinstalling anything when you get that error. You simply cannot have more than one program at a time trying to use the same com port. It is a Windows limitation. Close the interactive control and close MAX.

p.s It is silly and also unwelcome to attach a propriety file instead of simply attaching png or jpg files.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,275 Views)

I didn't run lab view at the same time with interactive control or Max. the reason I show a snapshot from Visa interactive is to show that Visa interactive recognise the devise.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,269 Views)
Check for other running programs.

Try a simple VISA Open or if it's a serial port, the VISA Configure Serial Port.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,263 Views)

Figured out after reading an old post for you.

It was all about the termination character.

It is working now after I used the advanced example and changed the termination charecter.

Your old post:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Changing-termination-character-doesn-t-seem-to-work/td-p/1898241

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,231 Views)
The termination character would not have caused the error you mentioned. Are you sure it wasn't a timeout error?
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,222 Views)

Actually, the program that I wrote using instrument assistant didn't work.

When I used the advanced example I couldn't read any data at the begining but it workeed after changing the termination charecter.

So, it might be something wrong with the instrument assistant in addition to the termination charecter thing.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,189 Views)