LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1055 occurred at Property Node : Object reference is invalid. This Error occurs only in built application

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using a WaveformChart to display multiple traces of data, the number of traces is variable, I use property nodes to set the number of traces and whether the digital display is visible or not, as more data is available the number of traces is increased and the digital displays are made visible. Within the Labview design environment everything works well. However when running the built application if two or more traces are to be charted I see error 1055. I suspect it is related to making the digital display visible on two or more waveform traces. See VI attached.

Why is this error happening ?

Thanks.

Single trace

Image1.jpg

Two traces

Image2.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,642 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MJEGAN

WF Charts only create their plots at development time.

If you attempt to access a plot that was never there you get that error.

To work-around this detail, simply size the legend for more plots than you ever expect to use at development time so that the plots are created and availabe when you do the build.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 3
(6,629 Views)

Thanks Ben, I'm all set now.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,622 Views)