From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1003 when loading a VI dynamically on LabView Run-time ini file configuration

hi all,

I have a problem with my runtime excutable.

On 4 systems, all running XP it runs fine.

On 2 systems ( one a new install of just LVRT 2011 SP1 ) I have:

Error 1003 when loading a VI dynamically on LabView Real-time

Or more spoecifically the error code is 1003 and the error source is Open VI Reference.

When the RT app runs correctly I get these paths:

Path Sent to Open Vi Reference:              Yeast_Grower.exe\Tecan_talk_Control.vi, 

Path Returned from Open Vi Refence:       C:\Program Files\Yeast_Grower\Yeast_Grower.exe\Tecan_talk_Control.vi, 

On a system that does gets the 1003 Open Vi Refence error I have the same Path Sent but of course no path returned as it does not open.

To be sure that the vi Dyanmically called vi is compiled and valid at runtime I also include a copy of in the main.vi.

To be extra sure I have also installed the runtime versions of VISA and DAQmx.

I have compiled it with and without the "Use LV 8 calling hiaracy"

My conclusion as this stage is that either the installation of LVRT 2011SP1 misses something the earlier LVRT installtions make.

or is there a MyApp.ini or LVRT .ini  that controls how the RT dyanim calls are handled.

Help very welcome how to solve this puzzle.

thanks

michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,709 Views)

Hello

I understand that all the PCs (6 of them) have LV 2011 SP1, runtime or the development system installed. Right?

How many of these PCs have the source code avaiable on them?

I am not sure I understood 'I also include a copy of in the main.vi'. Does it mean you placed the subvi in the main.vi?

Did you try including the sub vi which is called dynamically, as 'Always included' in the EXE build?

Edit: Did you verify the software versions of LV RT, VISA etc on all the PCs? Are they same?

There is lots of material available on this forum for error 1003 and dynamic vi calling. Did you find anything useful to try among the forums threads?

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,689 Views)

I understand that all the PCs (6 of them) have LV 2011 SP1, runtime or the development system installed. Right?

How many of these PCs have the source code available on them?

-> Only one of them has the source code.

I am not sure I understood 'I also include a copy of in the main.vi'. Does it mean you placed the subvi in the main.vi?

-> I meant I have included in main.vi the actual vi that is called dynamically - but only where it is not called.

Did you try including the sub vi which is called dynamically, as 'Always included' in the EXE build?

-> No, I did not know of this option - but the above I did this by default.

Edit: Did you verify the software versions of LV RT, VISA etc on all the PCs? Are they same?

-> I did verify even added DAQmx just in case

There is lots of material available on this forum for error 1003 and dynamic vi calling. Did you find anything useful to try among the forums threads?

-> I did view many of them.

I did finally find the answer.  

I have a subvi (callNet.vi ) in the dynamically called vi (dynamic ) that calls .Net libraries.

Now the thing is that this subvi callNet.vi is coded out by enclosing it in a Disable structure.

In fact this subvi ( callNet.vi) does not even compile - ie it has a broken arrow

however if enclosed in a Disabled structure and disabled, the enclosing vi compiles OK.

However I have discovered that even with the .Net calling subvi (callNet.vi) in the Disabled state of the Disabled structure

the enclosing vi (dynamic.vi ) does NOT run - although it compiles just fine.

Once I installed the .Net libraries (I actually did include them with my app installer ) with the vender's supplied installer

then my app now successfully calls the dynamic vi.

So the Summary and warning is:  Even if the dynamic called vi is included in Main.vi and Main.exe runs ( but does not call the dynamic vi - except when called dynamically at later some point ) and even if, in this case, the .Net calling subvi is disabled out ie no .Net calls are made the dynamically called vi will not run when called dynamically.

I hope that is not too confusing.  In summary it seems the Disable structure does not entirely disable.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,677 Views)