LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 10 default data space

I have started getting this error in LabVIEW even though I have plenty of RAM available.

LV is using about 900MB with over 1GB free and I can't save a 4.9MB VI (It contains several FPGA Bitfiles, that's why it's so large).

The error window tells me "Default data space" as a description and the only link I can find has to do with variant changes between 8.21 and 8.5.  I'm using LV 2012 SP1.

Anybody know what's going on?  Is this even the right error message?

Shane.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,941 Views)

Hi,

are you getting... ""LabVIEW: Memory is full" ?

If you open the VI after just restarting LabVIEW, could you run the VI without any memory error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,910 Views)

Yeah, it accompanies a "Memory full" error.

Restarting LV (And losing any recent changes because I couldn't even save the VI) worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,895 Views)

I think, this memory error is expected. This as not a bug.

I'm not sure. maybe this is caused by a corruption in the project file and not in the actual VIs contained within it.

what to try is to create a new project and move the contents from the old project over to the new.

1. Create a new LabVIEW project.
  2. In the project explorer, select File»Save and name the project something different from the original.
  3. Open both project explorer windows and place them side by side on your screen.
  4. Click and drag each of the files from the corrupted project into the new project.
  5. Once the old project is confirmed as empty, delete.
  6. All the "Save As" functions should now be available on your new project.  Your new project should have the same functionality as your old project.

I hope this helps you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,887 Views)

This is triggering a memory, a distant memory. Something about "default data" in a VI, and when that default data reaches a particular size it can cause issues. Something to do with a few people experiencing corruption in their VIs due to the default data being a particular total size, and that one solution (from memory) was to increase the default data size to surpass a particular limit which caused something to change in the saving of the VI. That's all I can recall though, which isn't very helpful - sorry! Smiley Frustrated

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,883 Views)

Well if it's not a bug (Which I never claimed BTW) I would very much like to know where the error comes from and what the "Default Data Space" refers to.

I am not aware that my VI had such a large memory footprint.  It was actually a quite small VI, and EVERY VI was affected after the error occurred.  I couldn't save ANYTHING.

Needless to say, I'd like to avoid this error in future.

I won't be trying the project move idea because our project has multiple targets in it and would take considerable time to duplicate.

Shane

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,877 Views)