From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1

Solved!
Go to solution

error1.jpg

Hi, I have posted this error before as well. Most replied that the queue reference is invalid. But why does the error always occur randomly after 5-6 hours of switching on the hardware. Otherwise this subVI as well as the main VI works perfectly. (This subVI controls the status of an Electric Vehicle depending on the status obtained from the charge controller of a charging station).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,462 Views)

main VI.jpg

The error first points to the dequeue element of the main VI and then finally points to the dequeue element in the subVI. The status vehicle letter has to be available both in the main VI and subVI, is there a better way of implementing it, to avoid the error?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,450 Views)

Where else is that cluster going?  Where would those queued be destroyed?  99% of the time I have seen these errors is because some other process destroyed the queue, making the reference invalid.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,436 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author shreya005

Are you using paralell vi:s that are spawned dynamically?

It might be that the queue that becomes invalid, hence returns error 1, was first obtained in a vi hierarchy other than the one were the error occurs.

If the top-vi in that hierarchy becomes idle (i.e. stops), it will kill the queue as it was the one that created it (even if no release queue is called). Then if that queue is referenced in another, paralell running herarchy, the error will be generated.

CLA
www.dvel.se
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,434 Views)