LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 occured at Invoke Node

Hello everyone, I was reading/writing  certain parameters into an INI file smoothly for the last 10 days. But, yesterday this error came out suddenly and I couldn't find a solution in the forums. Any LabVIEW users here faced with this issue before? 

P.s.: I am writing/reading almost 80 different parameters. When I run it with only few controls/indicators it works fine. I don't want to read the values from excel because when I do that program hangs and shuts down sometimes. So far this is the best method I saw for efficient memory management.Error Image.PNG

Add 273 on whatever Celcius said.
-Kelvin
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,222 Views)

1) Note that this is NOT an INI file.  INI is a format.  You are saving as flattened binary.

2) Your sample program is Error 1 because controls of the specified name do not exist. Perhaps this is a problem of your real code too.  You have removed or renamed something?  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,204 Views)

1- Ini is format of the file in which my flattened binary is written. (That is what I was talking about by saying "writing to an ini file")

2-No. Nothing is removed or renamed. Error just suddenly appeared while I was running the vi as everyday I do.

BTW thanks for reply.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,200 Views)

Just setting a file extension to INI doesn't make it a 'real ini file'. The file you attached is a Datalog File and therefore i recommend you to use the datalog file functions instead of the normal file read.

How do you generate that file?

If i had to guess, you export the CAPTION of the control name, not the LABEL. So maybe you (or someone else working on the code) modified the control labels leaving the caption the same.

You should use probes to identify which label string creates the error 1.

EDIT: I've just seen from your error screenshot that obviously an empty string is passed as control name. This is invalid. Clarify why an empty string occurs.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,188 Views)

Problem is just suddenly gone it self. Anyways, thanks for the replies. Still, if anyone has an idea about what might be the reason, I will be happy to hear.

-Kelvin
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,165 Views)

Problems that go away by themselves come back by themselves.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 6 of 6
(4,156 Views)