LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 is to open file vi:. Openfile occurred - Fehler 1 ist bei Open File .vi:Open File aufgetreten

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I'm using Labview 7.1 and Windows 7.

I built a VI and it ran perfectly yesterday. Today when I tried to run it, the following message appeared:

Fehler 1 ist bei Open File+.vi:Open File aufgetreten

Mögliche Gründe:
LabVIEW:  Ein Ausgabeparameter ist ungültig.
---
NI-488:  Befehl erfordert, daß der GPIB-Regler der aktive Regler ist.

Translation (google translator):

Error 1 is to open file vi:. Openfile occurred

Possible reasons for this:
LabVIEW: An input parameter is invalid.
---
NI 488: command requires that the GPIB controller is the active controller.

In the attachment I am sending the file. The file is very simple. I'm just importing some data from excel.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,452 Views)

Are you sure the path to the file is correct?

Also, you're reading the content of the same file 5 times within a very short time. Read the file outside the for loop. You can use auto-indexing to get the rows.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,449 Views)

Also note that LabVIEW 7.1 is not supported on Windows 7 (details).

The Error message for "error 1" is a bit more detailed in newer LabVIEW versions. In LabVIEW 2010, it says:

"LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @."

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,435 Views)

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for all the answers. I think there might be a problem of path, because sometimes it works and sometimes not.

By the way, whenever I type a path and save the file. After closing and opening the file again, the path disapears, any suggestion?

I have the VI in a loop, because I want to make operations with a specific cell from Excel in each iteration. First loop, use the first cell, second loop the second one and so on. Maybe there is another way to do that, but that is how I figured it ou. If you have any suggestions to make it simpler I appreciate.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,423 Views)

@Cottbus wrote:

First of all, thanks for all the answers. I think there might be a problem of path, because sometimes it works and sometimes not.

By the way, whenever I type a path and save the file. After closing and opening the file again, the path disapears, any suggestion?

Enter your desired path into the control, then "right-click...make current value default". Now save the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,420 Views)

Hi ,

Thanks for the answer. Now it works perfectly 🙂

I'm still a begginer and unfortunately I have to work with a german version.

Sorry if I bother, but maybe this topic can be helpfull for someone in the future.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,412 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cottbus

Cottbus wrote:

I have the VI in a loop, because I want to make operations with a specific cell from Excel in each iteration. First loop, use the first cell, second loop the second one and so on. Maybe there is another way to do that, but that is how I figured it ou. If you have any suggestions to make it simpler I appreciate.

First of all, you don't have an "excel" file, which is a proprietary format. You have a delimited plain text table with semicolons separating columns and linefeeds separating rows.

You have only one loop. You are probably talking about first iteration, second iteration etc.

Your loop spins so fast that you will only see the last row after the VI has completed. Use a small wait.

All you need is the following code (looks slightly different, because it is LabVIEW 2010). This will display all rows in sequence for however many rows you have. If you only want to display the first 5 rows, you can wire a 5 constant to the N of the FOR loop.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,410 Views)

Hi altenbach,

Thanks for the tips. Indeed your suggestion works the same way and it is simpler.

I think this topic can be closed.

Thanks to everyone for the support

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,392 Views)