LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1 and Error 8 ocurred at write to measurement File

Hi, I'm writing data to a measurememt file and this erros appears continuously. It didn't happenden before, but now sometimes it appears and sometimes it lets the labview VI run.

I already tried replacing the files VIs but it didn't work, so I dont really know what to do.

Attached is the VI I'working with. It is supossed to acquire signal trough three channels of the USB 6009, compute their means and send them to the measurement files. As I said, sometimes it runs and sometimes I get the error message. Can anyone help me here? Thanks in advance!!

This is what I get:

Error 8 occurred at Write To Measurement File3->Sistema_Adquisicion_Datos_Simulador_Solar_LAEA_EIME.vi
Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.
=========================
NI-488:  DMA hardware error detected.

Error 1 occurred at Write To Measurement File3->Sistema_Adquisicion_Datos_Simulador_Solar_LAEA_EIME.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  An input parameter is invalid. For example if the input is a path, the path might contain a character not allowed by the OS such as ? or @.
=========================
NI-488:  Command requires GPIB Controller to be Controller-In-Charge.

Oscar Martinez

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,767 Views)

You have 3 string controls to define the filenames.  By default, they all say ,lvm.  Are you remembering to fill in a file name for each of those before running your VI?   If you are trying to open the same filename in two different places, I wouldn't be suprised if you got error 8.

Also, when I opened up the Express VI's, they have a filename of C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\LabVIEW Data\<Not A Path>.lvm.  Now that may be just a remnant of the original values of the VI where the strings only had .lvm.  But how did <Not a Path> get in there if you didn't try to run it that way before saving?

Now I know a file name that is <Not A Path>.lvm will fail and give that error 1 because the < and > symbols are not valid characters for filenames.

Why are you using a string control for a file name rather than a file path control?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,735 Views)