Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xBFF6001F-Cannot detect recognizable video source

Lorne,

I'm using the following hard and software:

PCI 1424 (checks out fine in selftest)

Redlake ES4 12 bit (selected in NI MAX)

NI IMAQ 3.5.1 (I noticed it does not pop up in a window like it does when starting up other software, can this be a problem?)

Cable 185275 B 04 (instead of 185275 B 02, can this still be an issue?)

I still get the 0xBFF6001F error.

The camera works with cable 810028-145-03 on an older computer with other software, when I use cable 185275 with that configuration I get the missing bits again I had in the beginning on the new computer. So the other cable might help to get a good picture as soon as I get beyond the error. 

Harry,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,982 Views)
Hey Harry,

I was wondering if you are using the same 1424 that you had working on another PC? There are two different types of 1424's that NI offers, one for LVDS cameras and the other for RS-422 cameras. If you only have one 1424, that's fine, but if you are using two separate 1424's then double check that they have similar serial numbers.

Next, with the different cables, I would recommend that you try using the cable that works on the other PC and see if that one will allow you to acquire an image. If the one cable that always worked now works with the system that you are getting the error, and the other cable does not work, then you can try to see if the cable that does not work with the new system works with the old system. So try the cable 810028-145-03 on the new computer and see if that works.

Also, you mentioned that you are using the same Redlake ES4 12 bit camera file in MAX, but have you made sure that all of the camera attributes and settings in MAX are the same? Double check that all the settings are similar. Getting the camera to be able to acquire images in MAX is more important that getting other software to work, like LabVIEW. Once you can get things to work in MAX, they will work in LabVIEW.

Keep us updated on how things go. Thanks, and have a great day.

Regards,
DJ L.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,970 Views)

Hi DJ,

I got it all working now. It appeared that the Redlake camera was modified in the past, and needed the Roper ES4 file instead of the Redlake file.

You can't imagine how relieved I am to get it finally working!

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,928 Views)
Hey Harry,

I am glad to hear that you got it up and running. Good luck with all of your applications.

Regards,
DJ L.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,918 Views)

Hi sir,

I have a very similar problem. 

I have several PCI 1407 cards.For the same camera,I can get an image from Measurement and Automation from another card.

But I can not get anything by this card.I tried to use "self test" function, it said that everything passed.I am woundering if this  PCI 1407 is broken,but is there any way that I can make sure that this is the problem for this card?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,522 Views)

Hi Chin,

What camera are you using? What driver are you using?

What happens when you try the suggestions listed on the sixth thread here on page one? what about the second thread on this page?

There is a small chance that the card is damaged but it is not likely because the self test passed.

Vince M
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,478 Views)

Hi,

I'm also getting that error.

I'm running the following.

Basler A403(k)

PCIe-1429

IMAQ 4.1.0

Any ideas?

Ricardi

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,217 Views)

hi, I am also getting the same error

I am using a Xenics Camera and the framegrabber is NI PCIe 1429. I am stuck up with my work because of this error. Please help.

Regards,

Anirudh

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,073 Views)

Hello all,

I am using HiSense MkII CDC camera and geting he same error.What can i do?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,076 Views)