LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xBFF6001F-Cannot detect recognizable video source

Hi

I am using a NI PCI-1407 imaq card with a Panasonic camera.The card itself passes the test in "devices & interfaces" ,but I am not able to take any snaps.Although I do see an icon for the camera in the devices & interfaces.I know for sure that this camera is compatible to the NI devices because it was working earlier with the older version (LAbView 6.x).Now I just upgraded the sofware from LabView6.x to Labview 7.1 and it does not work.

What might be the reason ?

Thanks!

Deepak
LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(7,140 Views)
Deepak,

Make sure you have the proper camera type selected (CCIR, RS-170, etc.).

Also,  I know you said you are unable to do a snap.  Where you trying to snap an image from a previously created LabVIEW program or in Measurement and Automation Explorer?  If you haven't tried it yet, try snapping an image from Measurement Automation Explorer (MAX).

You might try uninstalling the NI-IMAQ driver and reinstalling the latest IMAQ driver version.

Please update me if none of this works and tell me whether or not the snap and grab in MAX works or not.

Lorne Hengst
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(7,137 Views)

how do I select the proper camera type?I tried snapping a picture from measurement & automation explorer,but it does not work.

This is what ,I see in measurement & automation explorer;

devices & interfaces

NI IMAQ devices

img0 ni pci 1407

channel 0 : 25 Hz progeressive scan

and in the software

Ni imaq 3.5.1 ( I think it is the latest one)

ni imaq for 1394 2.0.2

Thanks  a lot !

Deepak

! Do I need to install any other sofware apart from imaq driver?

LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(7,131 Views)
Deepak,

Well...  If your camera is a 25 Hz Progressive Scan Camera, you will not need to change the camera type.  If on the other hand your camera is not a 25 Hz Progressvie Scan camera and rather something like RS-170 or CCIR, you will need to follow the instructions below to change you camera protocol type.

1.  Open Measurment Automation Explorer (MAX)
2.  Traverse the item tree in MAX's left window to...
Devices
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(7,119 Views)
Deepak,

Well...  If your camera is a 25 Hz Progressive Scan Camera, you will not need to change the camera type.  If on the other hand your camera is not a 25 Hz Progressvie Scan camera and rather something like RS-170 or CCIR, you will need to follow the instructions below to change you camera protocol type.

1.  Open Measurment Automation Explorer (MAX)
2.  Traverse the item tree in MAX's left window to...
Devices and
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(7,119 Views)

Deepak,

You can change your camera type by opening up Measurement Automation Explorer (MAX) and expanding the item tree to...

Devices and Interfaces->NI-IMAQ Devices->Img0 : PCI-1407->Channel 0:25 Hz Progressive Scan

Right click "Channel 0: 25 Hz Progressive Scan" and goto...

Camera->Standard->(then select the right camera protocol type).

If you are not sure what type of protocol your camera uses, you can usually find out by looking at the camera's datasheet.

If you already have the right type selected, you might be having other issues.  You camera could be damaged, unplugged, not powered on, your 1407 might be damaged.

If this does not solve your problem, please let me know.

Lorne Hengst
Application Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(7,086 Views)

Hi Lorne

Thanks a lot !

I just changed the camera setting and it worked.

Thanks again!

Deepak

LAB View 2010 SP1
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(7,075 Views)

Hi!

I'm having the similar problem with a Redlake ES4 camera.

I sometimes get the 0xBFF6001F error, while I have the right camera selected (Redlake ES4 12 bit). The PCI framegrabber checkes out OK in the selftest, and is new.

The camera works fine with other software at another machine.

A few times I did get a picture, but it appeared like some of the bits are gone, the picture has very little contrast.

I hope somebody more experianced than I can help me out?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(6,977 Views)

Harry,

I am guessing you are using the PCI-1424, is that correct?

Also make sure you are doing the following...
"PCI-1424

Known support limitations:
In continuous mode, the minimum settable exposure time is 1ms.
This camera file will only work with NI-IMAQ 2.5 or higher and will only work with cable p/n 185275B-02 from National Instruments."

ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/imaq/camera_support/camera_files/digital/redlake/Redlake%20ES%204.0%2012bit...

http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nipc.product?pid=2223

Lorne Hengst
Application Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(6,958 Views)
Thnaks for your reply Lorne,

I indeed use the PCI 1424.
The exposure time and IMAQ version are OK, but I will double check that.
The cable I use is different indeed, so that might be the problem.
Strange thing is that the same cable works fine with the same framegrabber and a labview 5.1 programme.

What causes these differences?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(6,936 Views)