LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic Error 66 at start up

I am having trouble reading from an Omega DPi8 controller over an ethernet connection. My machine has Windows XP on it. I have attached a picture of my vi as well as a copy of it. The problem is when I start the program sometimes I get Error 66 and sometimes I don't. When I don't get the error it will keep running fine. I have the firewall turned off right now. Any suggestions?

Bert  
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,605 Views)
Hi Bert,

Error 66 in LabVIEW tells us that the connection to the peer was closed somehow.  This leads me to believe that the Omega device is not responding to your ethernet connection intermittently.  Does the error happen at the start of the program and then work afterwards after a 2nd attempt?  If so, one possible workaround is for you to clear error 66 when you get the error with "Clear Error.vi".  Are the intervals as to when you get the error contant or does it seem to happen randomly?   I hope this helps.

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,590 Views)

Sometimes I get an error the first time it starts and sometimes I can start it several times before I get the message. It does seem to be random. I tried putting a time delay after the open connection.vi but it didn't help.

Also, using the software provided by Omega I can start and stop the connection without any problems.

Bert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,586 Views)
Hi Bert,

Is there a way for you to check if packets are indeed received by the Omega device?  There is software that can sniff the packets sent and received to the Omega device.  Furthermore are you able to ping the device and what is the latency on the ping?

Regards,

Nadim
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,574 Views)

When I ping the Omega I get these results.

4 packets sent and recieved.

Round trip time, 9ms min, 19ms max. 11ms average.

The first packet was 19ms, the rest were 9ms.

Bert

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,563 Views)