From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of line constant on VxWorks changed with LV2011?

Has the end of line constant interpretation on VxWorks (I'm using a cFP-2220 unit) changed between LV2010 and 2011? It seems that it used to be written as a \r\n combination, but now it is just \n.

- Broke parts of my file parsing code (I should of course not have used the constant in the first place as it is platform dependent, but I guess the icon fooled me into thinking it was always a \r\n...

Perhaps the icon should be changed, andthe documentation should explicitly state what characters it represents on the RT platforms as well.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,304 Views)

I encountered the similar problem with using End of Line Constant on VxWorks (cRIO-9014).

My code was working just fine with LabVIEW 2009 and 2010, but not with 2011. Actually, development version of VI also works fine in 2011, but the problem appears when I build RT EXE and try to run it on cRIO. In my case, problem is that LabVIEW 2011 treats End of Line Constant as one element string, when VI is running as RT application, even though it treats the same function as string of two elements in development version?! At least this is how it seems to me. I have attached very simple VI that demonstrates this behaviour. This VI writes to file the number of elements of End of Line Constant string. If you simply run this VI on some cRIO it will write value 2, but if you build RT application and run it, it will give value 1.

Can anyone please explain to me why this is happening and how can I overcome this problem...

Thanks,

Milos

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,153 Views)