LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling / Disabling graphs and opening a new Front Panel Window

Hi,
  I have a simple application of showing 12 analog signals on 12 different graphs placed vertically in aligned position. I have to develop a user interface so that if user wants to display signal no. 1, 4 and 6 out of total 12 signals, he should make selection using check boxes and click a re-draw button. It should result in opening a separate window with these three signals displayed as separate graphs aligned vertically and adjusted to fit window size. Similarly later user can change his selection of displaying signals (from same acquired data) say 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 12 and click Redraw button. It should result in opening a new Window showing all these signals as separate graphs which are aligned vertically and resized to fit the window. Now I have two major issues in this context.

1) I have been searching LabView help to locate a way to open a new window for this purpose but I failed to locate any way for it. As per my limited knowledge, it seems that we cannot have multiple "Front Panel" windows in Labview.

2) For the graph I could not locate a control to enable/disable a graph so that it appears or vanishes. Is there any way to achieve it?

I shall appreciate your valuable advice. I shifted from "Lab View Signal Express"  to "Lab View" in order to achieve this user interface design but I am still not successful in finding a good solution for this application.

Regards
Mnuet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,566 Views)

You can use "visible" property of the graph to make it appear or vanishes.

You can have multiple front panel windows. It depends on whether you want to work on both windows a the same time or not. If you want to work on both windows at the same time, you need to call the subVI dynamically and make "wait until execute" false.

Anil Punnam
CLD
LV 2012, TestStand 4.2..........
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,559 Views)

Hi Anil,

Thanks for your help.

Can u please refer me some examples relaing to these?

Thanks & Regards

Mnuet

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Hi Mnuet,

You can do what was said above. Here is a KB on dynamically loading VIs. It looks something like this.

Dynamically loaded VIs are loaded at the point in code while running, as opposed to being loaded when the parent VI is loaded into memory like normal subVIs. You can make a reference to them and then control the front panel appearance, their run status, etc with property nodes and invoke nodes.

Jeff | LabVIEW Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,523 Views)