From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty memory reference is not supported.

I have an issue with the VI-defined Memory. I need to have a sub-VI for each output in my system, each sub-VI has a VI-defined memory (256X8) and its reference is driven to its indicator. Another sub-VI must read the content of each memory sub-VIusing the memory reference and must calculate a formula using that data. Each memory is asociated with a different output variable, so if I have two output variables I must have two VI-defined memories and they must store different data. My problem is as following:

When I define a memory inside a sub-VI and try to read or write on it, no errors are encountered. But when I just use its reference as an input (as a control) to read or write data, several errors are found. Erros like "Empty value is not supported" and "FPGA FIFO Node not wired with constant FPGA FIFO Name."

Attached figures show the two sub-Vis I need to connect.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,188 Views)

But when I just use its reference as an input (as a control) to read or write data, several errors are found. Erros like "Empty value is not supported" and "FPGA FIFO Node not wired with constant FPGA FIFO Name."

Just to be clear, are you saying that if you drop the VI that outputs the Memory Reference and then try to pass that reference into another VI that has a Memory Reference as input you get those errors?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,176 Views)

Yes. It worked before, but I think everything started when I downloaded the new updates. I'm not quite sure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,170 Views)

I guess I found a solution. Look at the first VI. The VI-defined memory reference indicator is inside a loop, where a reference cannot be driven to the indicator. If I wire this indicator where the memory is defined (outside the loop), the system does take the right reference. Thank you very much!!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,159 Views)