LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty FIFO Shared Variable Node

Hi Everyone,

First time poster, long time reader here on the forums. I have a question about an empty FIFO buffer for shared variable nodes. I am using a cRIO-9076 RT and using it to send data up to my Windows GUI. I'm accomplishing this using shared variable nodes, which work quite well, except for the case when the FIFO buffer is empty. In this situation, my Windows-level code just keeps regurgitating the most recent value that was in the buffer. This wouldn't be a problem if I could detect that the buffer was empty, but the error signal remains low and the code that it spits out (seems to be) is nonsense. The code is I32 -1950679034. From my reading, I should be getting an error when this buffer is empty and my code should be 2002 (or something like that).

This would suggest to me that perhaps my RT module isn't configured properly, but my other shared variables work fine so I'm a bit puzzled.

Thanks for the help!

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,912 Views)
Error -1950679034 occurred at an unidentified location

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  (Hex 0x8BBB0006) The shared variable has no value.

That doesn't look like nonsense to me.  That is telling me that you buffer is empty.  Just do a check on that error code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,904 Views)

Forgive my ignorance, but where did you find this reference? I've Googled it up and down and also punched it into the Labview help menu...

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,898 Views)

In LabVIEW, go to Help->Explain Error

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 6
(2,889 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

I now have the similar problem.  I use a desktop Windows 7 PC communicate with a sbRIO9626.  I sent a array of 5 doubles from host to RT through a shared variable 'UI2RT', which is networked-published, RT FIFO enabled (single element, 5elements), I always read the errorcode as '0'.  Why can I not get '-2220', instead.  Please help.

Thank you in advance,

Kind regards,

Qing 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,730 Views)

Hello Qing,

This forum post looks to be over a year old and no long active.

Please post a new thread to our LabVIEW Board and I am sure someone will help you out.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,701 Views)