From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emailing Executables

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am currently having trouble emailing my executable that I generated. Neither Gmail nor Outlook will allow me to attach my .exe file and send it.  Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Mmoon

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,642 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mmoon

Upload it to your google drive or microsoft onedrive and share the link.

(e-mailing is a bad choice to begin with, because it causes unnecessary duplication across the internet with stale obsolete old buggy version taking up space everywhere and nobody know what is current. Using a cloud drive allows you to update to a new version at any time so users can always get the best)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,628 Views)

Hi mmoon,

you should ask Gmail or Outlook for help on their email limitations/regulations…

Did you try to ZIP the exe? (Did you try password protected ZIP files?)

Did you try to rename the suffix?

Did you try any webspace provided by Google/Outlook to upload the exe file and then send a download link instead of the executable?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,627 Views)

Thanks Altenbach! That worked perfectly.

As a follow up question: my script allows the user to choose what channels they would like to use to take in data from a DAQ device. when I run the exe on other computers, the indicator wont populate with potential channels (my usb DAQ device is plugged in). Do you have any idea why this is/how to fix it??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,618 Views)

Hi mmoon,

this is a completely different question and not related to your topic anymore. The next time you should start a new thread…

Did you make sure to have the same device IDs, DAQmx task definitions, DAQmx channel names on that other computer?

Did you install DAQmx at all?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,615 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I will do so next time, sorry for the excess comments.

I have attached my VI for reference. 

I have DAQmx installed on both computers. I thought that by have low level VIs for DAQ channels would allow me to simply pick whatever device was plugged into the computer that is running the executable. Is this correct??

Thanks for the help

Mmoon

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,609 Views)