From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eliminate peaks from measuring

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody.

I have a problems with my VI. I need to measure a frequency of signal. While I gauging I have a correct value, but after reset of Elapsed Time sometimes I take a peak. I can't eliminate that. I'm almost newbie in Labview. I will be thankful for any help with that.

Lukasz

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,536 Views)

Hello Lukasz,

Do you have a data log of how your acquired data looks like?

Or do you have a screenshot that illustrates the unwanted behavior?

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,524 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for you answer. During the gauging I observed perodically a peaks (see attached screenshot). This VI measuring the frequency of simulating signal like real from analog card.I think it's something wrong with "Elapsed time" function or loops. I can't deal with it. Elapsed times is a internal clock (count a 3 second, after that reset and count again). I will be thankful for any helps.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,500 Views)

Your problem occurs after you reset the Elapsed Time VI. On the next iteration you divide by a very small number.

Look at the modifications I made to your VI.  Run it until you see one or two of the peaks. Stop.  Then look at the three arrays until you find the point where the peak occurs.  Notice that the denominator values may drop by a factor of 1000 or more.

Lynn

Message 4 of 7
(2,492 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I tried to remove/ cut-off a unwanted peaks but I can't gave a good results.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,474 Views)

Exactly what is it that you are trying to calculate?  I cannot offer suggestions without understanding what you are trying to do.  It was clear that dividing by a small number causes the peaks.  What shoud you divide by  to get the results you want?

Lynn

Message 6 of 7
(2,469 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mrssss

Hello Lynn

Sorry for my absence. I need to measure a frequency from simulating signal. (frequency from 0 to 50 Hz). Everything is okay, excluding that peaks. I can see a frequency in "Czestotliwosc". I count a Falling or Rising edge and compute in knowing peroid of time. Elapsed time is a function of "Windows timing" in this VI.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,449 Views)