From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit multicolumn listbox or table header while VI running

As this issue has been risen on LAVA, I checked and didn't find it reported yet.

The issue is when one wants to edit the multicolumn listbox' column or row headers while a VI is running.

By setting the Edit Position property to {-1,0}, it should be possible to edit the first column header. Instead, the {0,0} cell is selected. This behavior occurs also with row headers. The detailed help specifically says that -1 edits the headers and that it's a writable property settable while the VI is running.

The same error occurs with "Table". The only difference is that for tables, there is a "Editable headers" property that needs to be set to TRUE. If false, the edit position returns {-2,-2} as expected. However, when true, it returns {0,0} similarly to multicolumn listbox.

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,181 Views)

Hello normandinf,

Could you attach the VI here? 

Which version of LabVIEW are you working with?

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,144 Views)

This is LV 8.6

GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,131 Views)
As a side note, I couldn't find the property to programmatically set the value of Table.Property.Editable headers. It is available through right-click on the control, but not found in property list. Perhaps I didn't dig enough?
GCentral ChampionCLA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,130 Views)

Hello normandinf,

Thank you for the report, I've filed a corrective action request (CAR#178213) and our R&D group will be investigating this further.

Andy Chang
National Instruments
LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,109 Views)

Hi,

Is this ever going to be fixed in LabVIEW?

It still doesn't work properly in LV 2012....

Regards,

Thijs

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,326 Views)

It doesn't seem to be fixed in LV14... Is there a workaround?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,030 Views)

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for your post. This is a known issue in LabVIEW and currently there is no workaround. However, it has been documented and submitted to the LabVIEW Development Team!

Have a nice day,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,007 Views)

Oh my gosh!

"Known issue" for over SIX years and still not fixed??? What other non-essential "feature" is R&D busy with?...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,775 Views)

Is there some platform we can use to vote for CAR priorities?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,759 Views)