LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Palette set...

Hi,

There are some librairies in a server that I'de like to add to my functions palette. So I try the NI method that should be straightforward :

1) Tools > Advanced > Edit Palette Set... 

2) Insert > Supbalette... > Link to a directory

3) and I choose the folder...Z:\Labview libraries...

but this works only for the first subpalette, but not the ones beneath... I'm using LabView 2009.

The Z:\labview_librairies folder has .mnu files in each folder. There are many folders and subfolders in the libraries...

Thanks for any help...

23918i3F54442FD41851CD

23914i78C9B46FA40E6B70

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,781 Views)

Hi,

If you are having the .llb file go to Edit pallete set>> Function pallete>> User Library>> Right click

Insert>> Sub pallette>> Link to an Library>> select the llb you want to add and click save changes.

Before that copy the library file to the user lib folder inside National Instruments >> LabVIEWXX..

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,768 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I don't have a llb file, the library is made of several directories, main directory is 'Y:\labview librairies'...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,755 Views)

Is the network drive Y or Z? You said Z initially. Are you sure you're getting it mapped the same way each time you log in? I've sometimes seen cases where a network drive does not come "online" immediately, and you sometimes have to access it via Explorer before the system "sees it". Have you tried copying the files to your local machine and linking there? Do you see the same behavior? Note that it's usually not a good idea to directly link to server resources like that. The library should be source-code controlled and you should be updating your local copy as needed, and LabVIEW should point to your local copy.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,748 Views)

Sorry for the mistake. The network drive is Y, not Z. I've tried to copy to a local drive, but same problem occurs.

I've tried to delete all the .mnu files in the directories of Y:\Labview librairies and this way it works fine... but... I loose all subpalette Icons defined in the .mnu files...

So, if i link to Y:\labview librairies keeping the original mnu files, I have the problem I described above; If I remove all the mnu files there's no problem, but no icons appear on the subpalettes...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,734 Views)

Since you have the same issue when you copy the library to your local computer, but goes away when you delete the .mnu files then it sounds like you .mnu files may be corrupt. Try re-creating a few of the .mnu files on your local copy, verify the palette works (restart LabVIEW to check a fresh load), and then copy the library to a temporary folder on the server to see if they still work.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,723 Views)

Actually if I place a link to the 'Y:\Labview librairies' in the user.lib directory of Labview, it works fine. The palettes appear correctly on the Functions palette (with all icons and everithing) and I have nothing more to do (this when using labview under windows XP). But with this method I experienced some problems with Labview on Windows Vista; it just doesn't work.

The mnu files may be corrupt as you said. I'll try to regenerate some...

Thanks !

Kind regards.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,715 Views)