From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Event Handled by This Case in LabVIEW 2013 does not show Event Specifiers, Event Sources and Events on 800x600 resolution display

Solved!
Go to solution

Edit Event Handled by This Case in LabVIEW 2013 does not show Event Specifiers, Event Sources and Events on 800x600 resolution display.

Message 1 of 10
(3,143 Views)

Wow, cool. Duplicated it here too...

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 10
(3,129 Views)

I haven't checked specifically, but I believe the minimum supported resolution for LV has been higher than that for close to a decade, if not more. I wouldn't be suprised if NI decided not to fix this.

(3,106 Views)

Funny, I noticed this same bug when helping my kids program LabVIEW on a netbook (1024x600 resolution) just the other day. I wondered if it had been reported yet, then I saw this post today.

Y'all are probably right that it wouldn't get prioritized too highly since the stated minimum resolution for LabVIEW is 1024x768.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,077 Views)

I am having the same issue but am limited to an Industrial PC with 800x600 resolution.  Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,953 Views)
You can do the development on a different pc or connect a different monitor during this time. When finished, you would only be displaying the front panel so you could then use the monitor with this small resolution.
Message 7 of 10
(2,939 Views)

Dennis, I noticed however when I connect the VGA output of my 800x600 resolution Industrial PC to a much larger monitor I still see the same issue.  Do you see that as well?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,923 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Shijie

As far as I know, the list of supported resolutions is determined solely by the display adapter. It's possible that the one used by the PC only supports 800x600 as a maximum resolution, even if you plug in an external monitor.

Like Dennis suggested, the advisable option would probably be to develop on another PC and only deploy an executable to the industrial PC. That's what we do with our systems (although not because of this issue, but because it makes sense. There's absolutely no need to have the IDE installed in most of our systems).

Other possible options:

1. See if you can get a driver upgrade from the manufacturer to resolve this.
  2. Plug in a USB monitor with its own driver.
  3. Try hiding the task bar and making the title bar smaller in the hopes that the bug won't manifest itself.
  4. Try remoting into the PC. I believe some remoting programs allow you to specify custom resolutions which are not affected by the original drivers. Remote Desktop seems like a likely option for that, although it's been a while since I used it.
  5. Check the BIOS. I've seen at least one industrial PC where there were some settings in the BIOS to control the resolution, but I don't remember the details and it was fairly limited. I think that in that case you could change the resolution, but then the image didn't fill the entire area of the screen.

Thanks for everyone's help.  I will give that a try Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,899 Views)