LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EasyXML Labview Data Cluster help

I am trying to parse a mass spectrometer XML data output file.  I can and have parsed these files using the native labview XML parsing palette and property nodes but the process is cumbersome and slow.  I started experimenting with JKISoft's EasyXML...I think I am most of the way there modifying their example VIs, 

I am attaching the type defined data cluster that I feed to the the EasyXML read and the XML file I am trying to read.  Does anyone have any examples for parsing of more complicated XML files?  For instance this XML file contains processing instructions (first two lines).  The variant data out of the easy XML parser is empty so something is obviously wrong with my cluster.  The labview data (type) variable in the EasyXML read is only show data variants for the cluster up through "plasmalab". In other words, it seems to be missing all the child nodes of plasma lab.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS. The discussion forum rules did not allow me to post the XML file, so I saved it as default text with ultraedit...which brings up another question.  Does the encoding (UTF-8, unicode, ANSI/ASCII) matter for the XML parser?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,996 Views)

Update:  I continued to persevere and got the easy XML parser to work with the attached cluster control.  Initially this worked for only the edit XML file from the last post and would only read one sample. Two or more "Sample" xml files would show only one samples worth of data.  Then on I whim I edited out the second line of the XML file (<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="plasmalab.xsl"?>) it worked?  

Oddly enough but cutting out that one line in XML notepad the XML file size went from 1,146 kB to 643 kb...For one line. Bizarre.  

The parser however works really well and is rapid.  The simple edit is not a big deal.

Perhaps someone can comment on the how easyXML treats processing instructions (?xml) lines. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,990 Views)

UPDATE II: The first two ?xml lines can be edited out with a text editor provided the file is not saved as unicode text. The parser chokes on unicode text, ANSI and UTF-8 work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,989 Views)

Hi There.  This is Jim from JKI, makers of EasyXML.  Have you been able to get EasyXML working, yet?  It seems that you're making great progress.

I think you're right that EasyXML doesn't currently support Unicode.

Thanks,

-Jim

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,945 Views)

Jim,

Yes. I Easy XML is working famously. Thanks for your efforts on the Easy XML toolkit.  It's great and really simplifies that process of parsing XML.

Regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,932 Views)

Hey Jeremy,

That's great to hear and thanks for the kind words 🙂

I wanted to make sure that you got it working for you, since it seemed that you were talking to yourself, here in this discussion thread.

FYI, JKI has a discussion forum for EasyXML that we keep a close eye on.  We also try to stay on the look-out for discussions about our product on the NI forums, as well, but might not see it right away.

Thanks,

-Jim

Message 6 of 6
(2,918 Views)