LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy print VI configuration

I am printing the front Panel of a VI using Easy Print Panel.VI.

refer the attached PNG below :

Report.PNG

If i choose Monochrome option I get a good black and white image but the client logo ( a PNG file ) gets blacked out ( IMG_2325.jpg). The customer obviously is not happy with this. So I select the Colour / Grayscale option and I end up with a image that is very demanding on the printer ink cartridge !! ( refer the attached sample print outs to understand my problem)

So what I want to do is : Print the result in B&W. Print only the LOGO in colour. Any ideas ?

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,433 Views)
Simple solution is to just make a subVI with basic indicators and the logo. Pass the values from the main and set the sub to print when complete.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,394 Views)
Or use a monochromatic version of the logo.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,377 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:
Simple solution is to just make a subVI with basic indicators and the logo. Pass the values from the main and set the sub to print when complete.

Yes thats excatly what I  am doing and printing is no problem. Only problem I have with colour printing is that the REPORTS.VI FP colour shading also prints and the Logo also prints fine. But if I choose monochromatic print, the Logo instead of printing in Gray scale B&W prints as full back rectangle. ( The logo file is PNG. Will any other type like GIF / JPG help - if so I can ask the client for it.)

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,361 Views)
You can change the format of the image yourself. A tool I have used for years is a program called Ifranview. It can open nearly any kind of image and save it as any other kind.

http://www.irfanview.com/

Alternatively, open the png with Paint and select "save as" to change the image type or color depth. The limitation is that if the logo image is not rectangular you lost transparency editing in Paint.

Or you can ask your customer for a monochromatic version of their logo.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,342 Views)
A subVI with simple indicators would only have black and white except for the logo so I don't understand the issue when you print it as color.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,333 Views)