LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ temperature data is incorrect in labview

I am trying to take temperature data from with an agilent 34970a through labview. I wrote a pretty simple program to do this every 10 seconds and it works, but when I compare the data taken to data taken using a different data logger the data doesn't match up. The labview data is incorrect. For instance, if I put the thermocouple in the freezer at -8 C the labview data only reads out 2.5 C. Has anyone else had this problem, is there a bug?  is there something I am missing for the code to be more accurate?  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,576 Views)

I don't have 2014 at work yet so I can't look for scaleing errors but, it is almost certain LabVIEW is not changing the data it gets from the DAU.  Likely, something is introducing an error in your measurement.

Possible sources:

• Wrong thermocouple 
  • Wrong metal in the wiring (Yup you need the thermocouple wire and all connectors (even the screws) to be the right metal! thats how they work)
  • Bad CJC
  • Offset or error in calibration of the DAU
  • Offset or error in the unit that reads -8 in the freezer

Easy quick and dirty test:  grab a cup of ice water and measure that until it stabalizes.  That should be a reading fairly close to 0C.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,556 Views)

The transducer type of the EZ Temperature vi is set to Default (last). Try setting it to Thermocouple.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,545 Views)