LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXE Error: "The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors" (maybe .NET related?)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have built an application using LabVIEW 2012. The exe works just fine on my PC and most others aswell (without the development version of LabVIEW installed).

Today i installed the exe on a new Win8.1 machine and it just won't work. The error message says "The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors".

I made some digging and found out that the error probably is .NET Framework related. The reason why I believe so is that when I removed a .NET Invoke node (FileVersionInfo) from the splash screen (the startup VI) and installed it once again on the win8.1 machine the splash screen wasn't broken anymore. Thus, the error seems to persist because the code that is dynamically called by the splash screen did not execute. This I assume is because of that there are more parts of my code that uses .NET. The funny thing is that the application is running on other win8.1 machines without any problems..

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

My PC is a win7 machine with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.1 (4.5.50938)

/Jon

JonS
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,276 Views)

@Probotector wrote:

The funny thing is that the application is running on other win8.1 machines without any problems..

And what is the .NET Framework software situation for those other PCs?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,265 Views)

If I go through the Registry Editor on my computer I'll find v2.0, v3.0, v3.5, v4.0 and v4.5 of NET Framework Setup NDP installed. A win8.1 machine where the exe is working has more or less the same set of versions installed. At the same time, the new win8.1 machine where the exe isn't working has is only v2.0 and v4.5 installed. 

Could it be that executables built using LabVIEW 2012 requires NET Framework v3.5?

JonS
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,238 Views)

Hi JonS,

What is the status of your problem now? Have you tried installing the .NET Framework v3.5 on your Win 8.1 computer and run the application again? Does the error message remain?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,173 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Probotector

Hi Pontus,

Yes, I installed the missing .NET Framework 3.5 on the Win 8.1 machine and the problem was solved.

JonS
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,153 Views)

Hi JonS,

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the update.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,145 Views)