LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 1073676294 ????? VISA READ...!!

Dear All

I am Writing and Reading the data from one EEPROM,interfacing with a PIC16F690,like this i am swiotching 240 EEPROM with MUX,through LabVIEW serial communication pallets,I am controlling the Reading/Writing, but some times ERROR 1073676294 ????? VISA READ...!!,once this error occurs next  all EEPROM chip are not able to READ /WRITE,if unplug the powersupply and plug it back,then LabVIEW can Read/Write,i am not able to fix this error,please advise me whether problem is from LabVIEW or MICROCONTROLLER,I used delay function but also same problem.

Raikar A G  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,808 Views)

1073676294 is not an error but a warning saying that you got exactly the number of bytes you requested in the Visa read, and that there might be more bytes still remaining in a serial buffer.  (Which I've always considered this a stupid warning, because as a programmer, I'm going to assume that there might be more data in the buffer than I have just pulled out.)

The warning should not cause any problems in your LabVIEW code, nor should it cause a problem with your serial communication.  So if you lose communications with your microcontroller, it must be something else going wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,805 Views)

Ya I agree with your point,but my code will not work after this warning message only otherwise its working fine.how to solve this...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,799 Views)

We can't help with LabVIEW code unless you happen to actually attach it to your message.

And from my experience, problems with serial communication between LabVIEW and a microcontroller amount to one of two things:  1.  The serial port settings were set correctly to match between the PC and the microcontroller.  2.  A problem within the microcontroller code itself.  VISA handles the most of the nitty gritty details of serial communication for you.  On a Microcontroller, you need to handle that stuff yourself using some arcane functions.  Which do you thing the programmer is more likely to get wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,795 Views)