LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERR 1101 DataSocket when trying to talk to OPC server on PC

I am using the DataSocket to communicate through OPC to some cameras.  I keep getting the error 1101.  Something about permissions not being set to read/write/create.  I set all of my persionsions in the DSSM to everyhost and stoped and restarted the server.  Still getting the same error.  Using 8.2.  I don't get the error on my PC (XP SP2) but everytime on my target computer (W2000).  I have used this method before and know it works but all other machines I've used it on were XP.  I know the URLs are correct and the OPC tags exist in the server.  Haven't got a clue as to what to try next.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,584 Views)
Hello,

Sounds like your doing remote OPC -  it has plenty of permissions gotchas.  This sounds like it could just be a subtle difference between DCOM settings under Windows 2000 vs XP, given that it works under all your XP machines.  I found the following document regarding DCOM settings for Windows 2000:

DCOM (Distributed COM) for OPC

Just to cover our bases, here's a general document for troubleshooting error 1101 in conjunction with datasocket:

Getting Error 1101 When Using DataSocket with LabVIEW

Other reading of potential interest:

Remote OPC Server on Windows 95/98/Me

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,570 Views)