From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPICS shared string variable padding

I have a control bound to a network shared variable served by an EPICS server (which is run by labview). If I try to set the variable remotely, to say "test36", in my labview program's control it looks like "test36                                  ". It looks like it is followed by 34 spaces, but if I cut and paste the control value into Notepad, or my browser to post this message, it pastes as "test36". Also, the Trim Whitespace.vi does not recognize these extra characters as whitespace. If I change the control to "'\' codes display", it looks like "test36\00\00\00\00\00\00\00\". I've tried using "search and replace string.vi", but it doesn't work. This is particularly problematic for me, as I am attempting to set a file name.

Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,091 Views)

Hey dsdale24,

I was playing around with the Search/Split string.VI and it seemed to remove the whitespace when I wire a constant with \00 into the search string/char input. Let me know if this doesn't work and I'll continue to look into this!

Matt W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,032 Views)