LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG BPM Calculator

My LabView programming experience is very limited, and I need to develop a VI that can take in a real ECG signal (that has noise) and measure the beats-per-minute (BPM) by detecting the QRS-wave. I am restricted to not use an amplitude-detector to detect the QRS wave--I must detect it somehow by the slope. I've looked at the forums, and I've read the reviews, but the closest I've seen to a VI that does what I need is attached to this post. Thank you very much for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,710 Views)

chuck25,

Have you checked out our Biomedical User Group? Within that group there are documents called, "How to use NI Biomedical Startup Kit 2.0 - ECG Feature Extractor" and "How to use NI Biomedical Startup Kit 2.0 - Analog ECG Signal Generator". These documents use the NI Biomedical Startup Kit 2.0, which you can download here. Also, there is a tutorial on our website called "LabVIEW for ECG Signal Processing". This forum post might also be of some help.

Though I am not familiar with this toolkit, hopefully some of these resources will be of some help to you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ben Sisney
FlexRIO V&V Engineer
National Instruments
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,681 Views)
Can you use the peak/valley detection function? Goto help in the toolbar. Then select find examples and serach for peaks. Use the "Peak Detection and Display.vi"  It even has a "ECG" signal as signal source.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,672 Views)