LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically call Matlab file

A colleague of mine has made a Matlab .m file that I should call in from LabVIEW. I have imported the function into a Matlab script node. I haven installed Matlab on my PC and therefore i get a licence error. Before I ask my boss for a matlab licence i will ask this forum if there is another way. The Matlab function is still under development and will change a number of times. I could be nice if I didn't have to import the function every time the .m file changes

1. Could I use a MathScript node instead? Or is there another way for importing or calling that function without a Matlab Licence?

2. Is it possible to dynamically call the Matlab Script node/ MathScript node eg via a propertynode or another method instead of importing the function?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,826 Views)

Hi Kimumortensen,

Why are you getting a license error if you have MATLAB installed on the computer already? What is the error message? Is there error code to it?

Regarding your first question, yes, if you have MatchScript RT node, you can use that in stead of the MATLAB Script node (which comes with LabVIEW Full Development Environment). The latter requires a MATLAB license while the first one does not.

Regarding question 2, could I get you to elaborate on what you mean by dynamically calling the nodes?

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,751 Views)

Thanks Eirikur

Sorry for not being clear in my explanation. I haven't got a license for Matlab, therefore I wish to use the MathScript node.

2. I can import a .m file into a MathScript Node by right click and choose import. If the .m file happen to change I want to import the changes without opening the .vi and importing it again. How do I do that?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,733 Views)

The documentation does not state anything about dynamic import of .m files, which leads me to think that you will need to do this manually.

If you think this should be an option I encourage you to post on NI's product feedback forum NI Idea Exchange

Regards,
Eirikur Runarsson
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,715 Views)

I know the Model Interface Toolkit has some options for Matlab but I think that is only for compiled Matlab models.

https://www.ni.com/en-us/shop/product/labview-model-interface-toolkit.html

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,687 Views)